Our client has been sourcing and supplying on-trend and beautifully designed timber doors for over 60 years. Think quality not quantity and an attention to detail that extends through everything they do.
They specialise in supplying stylish internal and external replacement doors with over 450 different designs, including glazed and fire-door options. Their ranges have been developed to meet every budget, whether off-the shelf or completely bespoke and all of our products benefit from both a Price Match and 5 year product guarantee * .
Our client is looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant for their Bournemouth Branch.
As a result of growth in legislation and importance of compliance, our client now seeks a hardworking individual to join our expanding team in Bournemouth. Working within a small team to assist in the achievement of the business' goals through the development of technical information.
· Able to interpret and review technical information in a methodical manner and an ability to clearly communicate salient information throughout the business.
· Possess good analytical skills and have confidence to query and challenge detail with manufacturers and within the department, to ensure that we remain compliant with latest regulations.
· Door industry experience is not a pre-requisite, but the applicant must be proactive and have flexible attitude to learning and have excellent organisational and administration skills
· Experience of using excel to a high level
· Works towards being able to present findings clearly and make suitable recommendations.
· Help in the construction and control of creating and maintaining electronic records of all products within the Todd Doors Range, in the form of easily accessible data sheets, suitable versions for both staff and end users.
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of a system to digitise product drawings.
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical product descriptions for our purchasing system.
· Help control the literature given with products that is coming from factories.
· Aid in the development of a complete Fire door and Frame system offering for both our Residential and Commercial customer base.
· Gain knowledge of and ensure that we are ahead of the competition in promotion of and compliance with new fire safety initiatives.
· Responsible for ensuring the upkeep of accurate records and the database is maintained for Fire Safety compliance so that the information is readily available for anyone to access.
· Keep abreast of changes in Building Regulations - Ensure our product range complies with the current requirements moving forward.
· Regularly update the Knowledge Base (staff training manual) with technical aspects learned from formal training.
· Gain an understanding of technical aspects of all product ranges within Todd Doors.
· Be a point of contact for all technical related questions or queries.
· From time to time, assisting in other Ad hoc projects, as required to support the busines
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 25-30 hours per week, flexibility to fit around school hours
Salary & Benefits
£16,250 - £21,840 (Pro Rata)