Our client has been established for over 80 years and specialises in the design, manufacturing and supply of Workshop and In-Vehicle Equipment, with production facilities here in the UK, Germany and Hungary, and partner companies throughout the world.
They are looking for an experienced Stores Manager to join their existing team. The role will support the Fulfilment Operations Manager with all stores related activities to ensure the smooth & efficient operation of our Fulfilment Centre.
- Through a positive and encouraging approach, ensure the Stores operation within the Fulfilment Centre runs efficiently and effectively ·
- Support, mentor and develop team members to ensure they maximise their skills & potential ·
- Operate & promote a positive H&S culture · Adhering to company polices and guidelines, manage/monitor performance & absence effectively ·
- Planning, organising the work force, supervising loading and un-loading, goods in and goods out, supporting the Fulfilment operations Manager with operational tasks and overseeing the daily and weekly operations reporting and key performance (KPI) management ·
- Ensure all training requirements are met and regularly reviewed. · Participating in regular operation reviews and conducts regular colleague briefings via the business intelligence reports ·
- Operational cover for the Fulfilment Centre Operations Manager during any absences
Key Skills & Attributes
- · Minimum 3 years' experience of leading and managing a busy stores/ warehouse team ·
- Experience of using SAP within a Stores environment · Self-motivated leader ·
- Able to apply & train others in best practice · A role-model to other employees ·
- Experienced in leading performance and improvement activities aligned to KPI's ·
- MS Word/Excel competent · Able to communicate at all levels internally/externally ·
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workloads and resolve conflicts effectively ·
- Flexibility to manage and adapt to change · Problem-solving skills to find solutions and make decisions
- Previous supervisory / team leader experience · Understanding of LEAN / Sixth Sigma principles ·
- IOSH or similar H&S qualification
37 Hour Week 08:00 - 16:00 Mon-Thu 08:00 - 15:30 Fri 30-minute lunch break
Benefits include: Onsite parking, 34 days holiday including Bank Holidays, Pension and Company profit related bonus scheme.
This is an immediate opportunity for the right person and is a 2 stage interview process with various key stakeholders in the business.