If you're looking to step up and progress your career within a charismatic, award-winning firm of business-focused chartered accountants, read on...
Our client is seeking to recruit a number of forward-thinking, Semi-Senior Accountants to join their team. They are looking for dynamic, business-focused individuals, who have practice experience and a proven track record of being hands-on in managing their client portfolio. The ideal candidates will also be able to manage a demanding workload, whilst prioritising their own workflow and assist in training team members.
This Accountancy company offers a unique working environment. They are not number crunchers. Their guiding principle is to ensure success for their clients - and everyone they work with, so you would be instrumental in providing a comprehensive range of business support services alongside a robust accounting package.
What's in it for you!
· Working for a multi-award-winning firm
· Career progression plan (four team members have been promoted to Directors)
· Quarterly awards for top branding performers
· Excellent holiday package
· Hybrid working / Flexi-time
· Optical benefits
· Competitive maternity package
The fun of working with our Client
· Annual team day trips
· Dress down Fridays
· Team lunches
· Office games (pool table, table tennis)
Responsibilities and duties
- Preparing and submitting Company Accounts and Corporation Tax Returns from client source documents to final financial statements .
- Preparing Sole Trader Accounts and Personal Tax Returns.
- Facilitating client meetings to discuss year-end accounts and future business prospects.
- Looking after and maintaining your own client portfolio.
- Creating and maintaining fruitful relationships with clients . Identifying opportunities to systemise client s' bookkeeping functions, remove inefficiencies , and provide software training if necessary .
- Assisting the team with resolving queries from clients .
- Welcoming new clients on board and identifying and advising on appropriate company structure to suit each client's needs.
- Liaising with HMRC and other professional organisations .
- Finding new ways to improve and ensure their internal culture and standards are upheld, and regularly promoting their brand values across the team and the business.
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation that will impact their work and the services they provide to clients.
- Undertaking ad hoc specialist assignments as and when they arise .
- Ability to train and guide junior accountants in their role.
- Planning your work efficiently and effectively to meet targets and deadlines .
Skills and qualifications required
- Part qualified ACA or ACCA
- Accountancy practice essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to train and mentor team members
- Attention to detail, excellent time management and good organisational skills
- Understanding of key accounting concepts
- Ability to make decisions independently
· Knowledge of Iris Accounts production, business tax and practice management software and Xero
Skills and Attributes
- Desire to learn and progress
- Commercial awareness
- Positive attitude
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
Location: Woodford Green, Essex
Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000