Our client is the largest retail search (headhunting) consultancy in the UK
They work fundamentally differently to other agencies in that they do not advertise their vacancies but instead use purely direct sourcing methods.
Their database of candidates is made up exclusively from blue chip retail companies sourced through obtaining complete organisational structure charts of all retailers from Executive Director Level through to Administrators.
They have the most experienced and well-connected team in the retail industry, specialising in proactive and targeted search to identify and approach the top talent, providing clients with the strongest performing individuals.
Their clients receive a personal service that is focused on quality, detail and the highest standards of engagement, they offer comprehensive UK wide coverage, and represent some of the biggest, most exciting and successful retail businesses in the UK.
Their Recruitment Consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking in order to attract business from client companies within the retail arena.
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, what they do and their work culture and environment.
- Using social media to find candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers.
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates.
- Using our candidate database to match the right person to the client's vacancy.
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests, and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client.
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question.
- Preparing CV’s and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants.
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client.
- Managing the candidate journey, establishing trust, understanding motivations and ensuring a successful interview process.
- Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates.
Full training and development is given, supported with a close relationship with your line manager and regular reviews and appraisals. Our client looks for behaviours as well as experience. They require:
- Strong communication, empathy, diplomacy when dealing with people.
- Self -motivation and a willingness to succeed
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- A rounded understanding of retail management in either a Head Office or Retail Operations environment
- A positive attitude towards developing new relationships and approaching people.
- The ability to work towards targets and under time critical deadlines.
- IT literacy
Location: Fulham, London, SW6 2TL
Hours: 8.55am - 6.30pm Monday - Thursday
8.55am - 6.00pm Friday
These hours can be flexible.
(After the first month, they offer hybrid working)
Package: Competitive, negotiable depending on expertise