Our client has been sourcing and supplying on-trend and beautifully designed timber doors for over 60 years. Think quality not quantity and an attention to detail that extends through everything they do.
They specialise in supplying stylish internal and external replacement doors with over 450 different designs, including glazed and fire-door options. Their ranges have been developed to meet every budget, whether off-the shelf or completely bespoke and all of our products benefit from both a Price Match and 5 year product guarantee * .
Our client is looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant for their Bournemouth office
· Create and maintain all product codes for Retail and Trade orders, which will include creating the code, adding the new code to the customer order and then passing to Buying & Imports Co-Ordinator to process
· Ensure that customer orders from all store locations are dealt with promptly and efficiently. Challenge individuals who pass on customer orders that are incomplete, illegible or simply wrong. If problems persist then take the issue up with their line manager
· Ensure Ironmongery stock levels are correct and load stock and customer orders onto relevant purchase orders and send to suppliers when required
· Help with online competitor pricing analysis by reviewing competitor websites on a quarterly basis
· Point of contact for any buying related queries that the Sales teams may have
· Aid in finding reasons for Incomplete Orders and resolving any issues when necessary
· Archiving all customer orders ensuring this task is completed at least once a week
· Develop and maintain a good working relationship across the company and with the customer services team in particular and ensure a smooth flow of information and paperwork between the branches
· Support Purchasing Director in other tasks as and when time allows
Key Skills & Attributes
· A thorough, logical approach to systems and paperwork with close attention to detail.
· A good working knowledge of Excel and thoroughly PC Literate.
· Helpful and cheerful telephone manner.
· Happy working largely unsupervised and office base
Hours of work
Monday to Friday ideally 9.30am to 2.30pm
Salary & Benefits
£11,960 to £13,520 (Pro Rata)
28 days holiday